- What are cookies?
- A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that is saved onto your computer, smartphone, tablet or other device when you visit our site.
- Cookies store small pieces of information. For example, one type of cookie will remember that you have visited our site before.
- Cookies help us to improve your visit and experience when browsing our site by, for example, storing certain information so you don’t have to re-enter it on subsequent visits.
- Cookies also assist us in tracking which pages of the website you have visited.
- We use both persistent cookies (which stay with your computer and will work until their expiry date, unless detected by you beforehand) and session cookies (which expire when you close your browser).
- We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These cookies are essential for the operation of our site.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our site works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise use when you return to our site. This enables us to personalise our content for you and remember your preferences.
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our site, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our site and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
- 3rd party analytics tracking cookies. These cookies are present on our insurance pages and may apply if allowed by the users browser.
- You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the table below:
- The table below explains the cookies we use on our site, why they are collected and when they expire:
Cloudflare cookies are used to identify individual clients behind a shared IP address and apply security settings on a per-client basis
Zopim cookies provides live chat functionality for customer/sales purposes
Used by Facebook to deliver a series of advertisement products
Used by Google Analytics to distinguish users
Used to distinguish users
ARRAffinity is a cookie used to affinitize a client to an instance of an Azure Web App. e.g. if an app is scaled out to 10 instances, and a user accesses it from their browser, the ARRAffinity helps keep the user going back to the same app instance, instead of getting a random instance each time. This can be useful for some apps that keep user state in memory.
Stores which locale to use when visiting nextbase.com
Used to keep track of user sessions whilst browsing nextbase.com
- Your interaction with cookies
- It is possible to disable and remove cookies from your computer or device by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to do so. You will need to know what browser you are using and what version you have.
- Please be aware that if you use your browser settings to block or amend certain cookies, your browsing experience may change for the worse.
- Changes to this policy
- Changes to this policy